Friday, February 3, 2012

all about orange


If you've read any of my previous posts, you may have picked up on my affection for the color orange. My long-time favorite color is turquoise - always has been, most likely always will be. But lately I have been just nutso for the color orange, especially when used with my true love, turquoise. Perhaps I have been influenced by external sources? After all, Pantone's official color of 2012 is Tangerine Tango. Maybe I'm more of a lemming than I'd like to admit, but in this case, who cares! Orange is fun, bright, energetic, and happy. So, there!

In an effort to purge my newly incessant desire to fill my entire house with orange, I am dedicating today's post to all things orange. I went onto Craigslist, entered the word 'orange' into the search bar, and the following items were those I thought worthy of an honorable mention... Enjoy!


First, is this cute 3x5 shag rug in perfect tangerine from Segals. Cute! The seller shows it in a nursery, and I think it's super modern and fun. $50


 Next up are these two mid century Danish-style chairs. Just add a chic side table, then you and a super stylish friend are ready to enjoy a Manhattan! A steal at just $34 each. I'm tempted...


Now we have these two beautiful burnt orange wingbacks from Pottery Barn for Williams Sonoma. I want these chairs sitting opposite my couch and coffee table, each adorned with one of these ikat throw pillows. Sigh. $325 each


Our final orange treasure is this: "Drexel Heritage Furnishings Orange Velvet Chair purchased at Paul Schatz on 8-30-1976, style 6679 fabric MO53-24" as the seller so specifically states. It is gorgeous and looks to be in great shape. Of course, I might be inclined to 'defile' it with a coat of white paint on the wood to bring it into this century a bit. Ha! A great buy at $195... but, I'd offer $150. ;)

And there you have it folks -  your daily dose of virtual vitamin C! Am I the only one drinking the orange Kool-Aid? I don't know about you, but I am loving how Tangerine Tango is juicing up interior decor this year. Even if I don't go all orange in my house, I think working in touches of it here and there is a great way to add energy and interest to a room.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment